“People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.” (Dagobert D Runes)
Home stays are fast becoming a popular new way of finding accommodations while travelling.. Travelers are choosing to spend time living with the residents of their destination countries and slowly moving away from the detachment and isolation of staying in mainstream hotels.
What exactly is a home stay?
A homestay is an alternative housing option that provides a person visiting a country like Nicaragua the opportunity to live in a typical Nicaraguan home with a local family. Whether it be for a few days or a few weeks, by sharing life together with their hosts, a traveler will have a first-hand experience of Nicaraguan culture and a chance for regular, relaxed conversation in Spanish. Those that have had the unique opportunity of a homestay love the safety and comfort of living in a home away from home while visiting another country . Savvy travelers find that a home stay is much more than just renting a room in a house.
Here are some reasons why you should consider staying with Locals while travelling to Nicaragua.
- A homestay is a place that makes you feel right at home.
- Homestays give you the experience of actually living here not just staying.
- Homestays will give you an opportunity to see up close and personal how your host families live on a daily basis.
You find learn more about whats important about country….not just a city but the people.
- Apart from new experiences, memories and stories you’ll also take away new and lasting friendships.
- Financially you´ll discover how to have more meaningful travel experiences without breaking your bank account.
Remember when restaurants say they offer “traditional home food”, you know its really never the same thing.
“A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” (Tim Cahill)